Advanced Project Management
The use of project planning and project management skills is increasingly being required of most managers. This two-day course introduces delegates to the higher level of project management skills, using the de facto standards of ‘Projects in Controlled Environments’, otherwise known as PRINCE 2.
The use of project planning and project management skills is increasingly being required of most managers. This two-day course introduces delegates to the higher level of project management skills, using the de facto standards of ‘Projects in Controlled Environments’, otherwise known as PRINCE 2. This will enable participants to specify, resource, plan and efficiently manage a whole range of projects, primarily for the purpose of achieving the strategic goals of the organisation.
You will learn a wide range of techniques and skills, which are practiced during the course using relevant exercises and case studies. This gives delegates the confidence to transfer these new skills back to the work place. The benefits of good project Management are:
- A controlled and organised start, middle and end
- Regular reviews of progress against plan and against the business case and flexible decision point
- Automatic management control of any deviations from the pla
- The involvement of management and stakeholders at the right time and place during the projec
- Good communication channels between the project, project management, and the rest of the organisation.
What You Will Learn
- The strategic importance of projects
- How to understand and have a broad appreciation of the phases and aspects of a project.
- How to write the terms of reference and prepare a project plan for approval submission.
- To produce an implementation plan covering, time, resource and personnel needs.
- How to communicate and negotiate with all who are involved in the project.
- How to identify and manage all the ‘stakeholders’.
- The importance of project monitoring systems.
- To understand the principals of PRINCE and PRINCE2 project management processes.
- The different types of project and associated risk management.
Who Should Attend
Managers and staff who are involved in resourcing, implementing and monitoring projects at a strategic level.
Brent is the Director of Training at The Centre for Management & Business Development Ltd (CMBD). He is the lead tutor on the Level 7 and Level 5 management development programmes and his responsibilities include the development of the tutors and trainers as well as overseeing course content and quality. He has a particular interest in project management.
Upcoming Locations & Dates
This course is usually provided on an in-house basis to suit individual clients.