The sales professional operating in the 21st Century is a very different person when compared to the traditional stereotype from the last twenty years. This 2-day CMBD course looks at transactional and consultative approaches, the importance of listening and how to ask the right questions at the right stage of the process.
The CMBD Advanced Selling Skills workshop is a two-day course that will provide you with a number of tools and techniques that you can use to improve your sales performance. We start on Day 1 with a look at you as an individual and explore how personality, habits and beliefs affect our behaviour - and therefore your results. During Day 2, we will then move on to understanding what motivates and drives the modern buyer and the importance of presenting a compelling sales presentation. During the workshops, your tutor will give you individual coaching and development feedback. We finish the programme with looking at the structure and thought process required to develop an account once a relationship has been established.
Throughout the workshops, delegates will be introduced to useful tools and techniques that can be adapted for use in any organisation if required. The two days of the course are designed to be delivered 1 to 2 weeks apart to allow time for delegates to action plan and practice some of the techniques that they will be introduced to on the first day. They can then give feedback on their results and share best practice.
What You Will Learn
- How to identify good and bad sales habits, beliefs and attitude and how to focus your efforts on gaining a continual improvement in performance.
- Why planning is essential to prevent peaks and troughs in performance and results and why good time managers are often excellent sales professionals.
- How to understand the motivations and interests of buyers and what questions they will have (even if they don't ask them!).
- How to improve your ability to influence buyers in a positive way.
- The importance of a carefully researched, crafted and rehearsed sales presentation (whether written or verbal).
- How to use the various planning and process tools that you will acquire on the course and how to set yourself the right goals.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for existing sales professionals who may have considerable experience in account management, sales and negotiation. If you are relatively new to the sales role, we would suggest that you consider the Essential Selling Skills course as an alternative.
Upcoming Locations & Dates
This course is usually provided on an in-house basis to suit clients but is occasionally run as an open course when sufficient delegates are available.
We recommend the following text book for delegates attending the 2 day Advanced Selling Skills course. Written by two UK sales experts (rather than our cousins over the pond!), the book also provides purchasers with access to a library of excellent resources and tools. Click on the link to buy.