CMI Level 5 in Professional Consulting
These qualifications have been designed for Professional Consultants who want to develop their strategic skills with consulting such as organisational structure and culture, entry and diagnosis, communicating strategies for consulting and group dynamics and facilitating skills.
These qualifications are designed for aspiring and practising Professional Consultants who want to develop key skills such as planning and managing consultancy interventions, the client relationship, communication and problem-solving tools and techniques. These qualifications have been developed in cooperation with the Institute of Consulting (IC).
The qualifications are broken down into units and relevant topics aligned to the level and qualification. Typical units for the Level 5 in Professional Consulting are:
- Introduction to consulting essentials
- Communication for consultants
- The role and responsibilities of a consultant
- The client relationship
- Planning and managing consultancy interventions
- Problem solving tools and techniques for consultants
You can choose to complete an Award (in which case you would complete any one of the above units), a Certificate (requiring two of the above units) or a Diploma (with three mandatory units and a choice of two further units from the optional group). More detail is available in the CMI syllabus for the course which is available to download further down this page.
The Level 5 qualifications are delivered using a blended learning approach. his includes on-line learning using the CMI 'Management Direct' resource, tuition sessions with your tutor and feedback on your assignment work as you progress.
Additional coaching can be provided if required as an option and you can start whenever suits you.
What You Will Learn
What you will learn will depend on the depth of your qualification (Award, Certificate or Diploma) and the units that you choose to complete. Your choices include:
- Developing strategic skills with consulting such as organisational structure and culture
- Choosing to develop your skills in one specific area of consulting such as consultancy interventions, communication, the client relationship or problem solving tools and techniques
- Having the opportunity to gain a good understanding of consulting essentials
- Focusing on the nature of consulting, personal development and effective communication
- Learning how to develop group dynamics
- Facilitating core skills
The CMI qualification structure allows you to tailor the learning experience to your own personal needs.
Who Should Attend
These qualifications are designed for aspiring and practising Professional Consultants who want to develop key skills such as planning and managing consultancy interventions, the client relationship, communication and problem-solving tools and techniques.
Mike is a professional consultant with an unapparelled depth of experience in this field. He has worked with companies of all sizes and sectors for many years and is an excellent coach and tutor.