Key Account Management at a Strategic Level
Effective Key Account Management plays a vital role in maximising the potential of those accounts with real growth potential. The number of these relationships that can be effectively managed by most organisations is limited due to the need to take a business-wide approach. This course shows participants how to develop an effective KAM approach.
Professional Key Account Management needs to be driven from a senior level in the organisation, taking a business-wide approach. The first step is in establishing the criteria for a 'Key Account', identifying and categorising those accounts and deciding on the relationship going forward.
One of the pitfalls is assuming that the largest accounts are 'Key'. Whilst these large clients are obviously of critical importance, it is growth potential that requires a 'Key Account' relationship rather than a 'Status' one.
What You Will Learn
- Why effective Key Account Management is critical in achieving growth
- How to understand and select appropriate key account criteria for your organisation
- How to objectively weight and score potential key accounts, deciding on the number of these relationships your organisation can effectively manage
- The types of account relationships required
- How to create a management business plan for each Key Account
- The skills required of an effective Key Account relationship manager
Who Should Attend
This intensive one-day course is designed for those with responsibility for developing a Key Account strategy and for the more experienced sales professional wishing to understand more about this strategic issue.
Brent is the Director of Training at The Centre for Management & Business Development Ltd (CMBD). He is the lead tutor on the Level 7 and Level 5 management development programmes and his responsibilities include the development of the tutors and trainers as well as overseeing course content and quality.
He also has a background in Sales and Marketing and has extensive experience of Key Account Management.
Upcoming Locations & Dates
This course is usually provided on an in-house basis to suit clients but is occasionally run as an open course when sufficient delegates are available. Please contact us for the current situation.