Marketing for Small & Medium sized Businesses
Many people mistakenly think that marketing is just about advertising and promotion, are unsure about how to grow their businesses and can be short of time and often money. Sometimes just the day-to day issues of running a business can get in the way of addressing this vital area.
This is a very practical and hands-on workshop day for Owner Managers, managers or other staff who have the responsibility for marketing their organisation or small to medium sized business. Guided by an experienced and knowledgeable facilitator and working with a group of similar people, you will use a number of practical tools, exercises and discussions to produce simple but robust and workable marketing plan for your business. Exchanging your experiences with other people on the programme is a valuable part of the day.
What You Will Learn
Delivered over a full workshop day, the course will cover the following areas;
- Auditing what marketing activity that you do now and assessing how effective it is
- Understanding your marketplace and the opportunities that exist
- Value proposition design, improving the customer buying journey
- Web presence and the use of social media as a marketing tool
- How to get more business from existing customers
- Writing effective copy and how to quickly and cheaply do a tactical promotion
- Events, should I do them and if so, how to do them
- Completing a simple but robust 12-month marketing plan for my business
Who Should Attend
This workshop is not about marketing theory or big company practices. It is specifically designed to help busy people who are running small to medium sized businesses produce something practical that they can implement quickly and then build on.
It is not a replacement for researching and producing an appropriate strategic marketing plan when required, but it will help you to make the best use of whatever resources you have available at the moment. Often it can be as simple as continuing to do whatever it is that you do now but doing it better and/or more efficiently as well as adding other appropriate activities.
Upcoming Locations & Dates
This course is run for Growth Hub and University programmes as well as on an open course basis from time to time. Please contact us for the current situation.