The DiSC ™ programme (Fully funded for eligible businesses)
Ambitious Lincolnshire businesses are invited to apply for a fully funded and supported place on the above programme. Each participant will receive their own personalised and confidential 27-page profile. This is management-specific and contains in-depth information, strategies, and action plans to help managers become more effective.
The Wiley Everything DiSC®Profile & Workshop Programme
Once registered, participants will receive an introductory e-mail with log on details and instructions. They will then complete a short on-line questionnaire from which their personalised management report will be compiled prior to attending two virtual workshops. During these sessions, participants will learn about their own strengths and challenges and how to apply these to improving their management processes and effectiveness.
The virtual workshop sessions will be interactive and delivered to groups of between 8 and 12 people. You will need access to a laptop or desktop computer with sound and video capability as well as a broadband internet connection. As well as learning or refreshing your knowledge from the course material, you will also be able to interact and share experiences with other delegates. It is this peer group aspect that really provides a powerful learning experience. Some detail on the session content is given below.
Your DiSC® Management Style: Part I
- Learn about the DiSC® model and how it informs the role of the manager
- Discover your management style on the Everything DiSC® Management Map
- Explore the priorities that drive your management style
Your DiSC® Management Style: Part II
- Explore the influence your management style has on how you manage time, make decisions, and approach problems.
- Discover how your style helps shape your day as a manager.
- Learn a method for recognizing other people’s DiSC® styles.
Directing & Delegating
- Learn about your natural directing and delegating style.
- Identify the directing and delegating needs of different people.
- Write an action plan for improving how you direct and delegate to a person you manage.
- Learn how you affect the motivation of others.
- Recognize what different people find motivating and demotivating.
- Write an action plan for creating a more motivating environment for someone you manage.
- Learn about your natural style of developing others.
- Identify the development preferences of different people.
- Write an action plan for developing a specific employee
Working with Your Manager (if applicable)
- Consider how your manager and peer group might see you.
- Discover different approaches for getting buy-in from your manager
- Write an action plan for improving how you work with your manager
There is also the opportunity for successful applicants to participate in the separate Scaleup programme where you can complete four virtual and interactive training and peer group learning sessions covering Management, Leadership, Motivation and Communication, Team Dynamics and Strategy Planning Tools. Please see the Scaleup page and ask us about combining the two programmes.
Existing Scale-Up Businesses:
- Minimum of 10 employees at the start of the engagement.
- Achieved minimum £500k turnover in last year (operating for at least 3 years).
- Potential/aspiration to grow turnover and/or profit by a minimum of 20% (per annum) over a 3 year period
Potential Scale-Up Businesses:
- Minimum of 5 employees at the start of the engagement
- Achieved minimum £250k turnover in last year
- Potential/aspiration to grow turnover and/or profit by a minimum of 50% over a 3 year period
For an eligibility check and more information, please contact us
John is an experienced facilitator and coach who has many years of experience in management development and profiling.